Monday, October 13, 2008

Pictures from Orcas Island

I have finally gotten around to putting these on here (from a couple weeks ago, when a group of men from church got together and went up to Orcas Island, and stayed at someone's house). These are all from Mt. Constitution.

Neat lookout tower.

From the top of the tower, looking left, and zoomed-in. These are the Sucia Islands, one of my favorite places to go in the San Juans. The island on the far left (cut-off) is Patos.

This is looking to the right. I don't remember which islands we're looking at here.

Looking down... There's quite a drop-off on the other side of that rock wall down there...

Door to go back down.

In the stairwell.

Door to one of the rooms inside the tower, with cool lighting coming through.

Doorway to exit the tower. I would have moved the garbage can out of the shot, but it was chained. Too bad. It doesn't belong in the photograph.

That's all... I can't show you the photos of all of the crazy things that happened that weekend (it's kind of a secret) (okay, so nothing crazy happened).

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Very pretty! I think I'll have to go to the San Juans someday (how sad that I've lived here all my life and never been).

Pure Mommy Extract said...

Tom (my husband)says he wants to go there and wants one of those. His secret obsession is to one day live in a tower, not a castle, but a tower. Anyway...