Sunday, April 13, 2008

Port Angeles

This weekend, I went to Port Angeles (where my mother grew up) to visit my grandparents.
We played lots of cards (cribbage, plus a couple of games of "dummy rummy"). My grandma won both games of dummy rummy, and I'm currently ahead of my grandpa in cribbage, 3 games to 2. We're about to play a couple more games, so we'll see if I can stay ahead or not. Last time I visited, the score for the weekend ended up with him as the victor...
Last night we watched Wheel of Fortune (it is a tradition to do so at least once every time I come here), and then my grandma and I watched "A Beautiful Mind" (Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly).
This morning we had swedish pancakes, wonderfully prepared by my grandma, from whom I got my recipe for them.
Tonight or tomorrow, I will post some more Felix pics from the trip - ones where he is "featured", and not "hiding". I may also have a couple of "non-Felix" pics... [gasp!]

Tomorrow evening I will be working a little bit with my dad, which hasn't happened in a while, so that'll be nice.
Tuesday night there is another basketball game, which we ought to win...
Okay... it's cribbage time - wish me luck!

4 comments:

kme said...

Happy you're home safe and sound, Handsome.
kme

Jaime Girl said...

Hi mom...kme...so sneeky:)

We loved finding Felix. That was so much fun. You got very creative! Wish we could have been there too. I am so happy that you are able to get up there to see Grandpa and Grandma as often as you do.

Cole says: Good job on hiding, Felix. Those are better spots than I would have found! Hope you had fun at Great Grandpa and Grandmas house. Hope I get to see you soon.

Jaime Girl said...

sneaky not sneeky...I'm a dork:)

J said...

I think "sneeky" sounds sneakier... :)