Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Friday/Saturday/Sunday

This past weekend had two themes: high school reunion, and softball tournament…

Friday night was an informal gathering of alumni at Tides Tavern. It was a bit of high school overload at first, but it turned out to be enjoyable, and very nice to see some of those people again.

Saturday contained 2 tournament games of softball. We won one and lost one. After that, I had to head home and prepare to go to the official HS reunion, held at the GH Yacht Club building. There were fewer graduates at this one, but maybe slightly more people, due to spouses/dates being present at this function. I got to talk to a few people that I didn’t get to talk to the previous night, so that was nice. The chicken was really good. My old friend Ryan (who grew up on Tanglewood Island, right up against Fox Island) came over to my house briefly after (with his girlfriend, who is great). The reunion was enjoyable – it’s kind of strange that it’s now behind me.

Sunday: 2nd church service, then went out to the softball tournament to watch the 2 games before ours. We lost our game, which gave us 3rd place. It was a big disappointment, since most of our team didn’t hit very well at all on Saturday or Sunday – compared to how we normally hit the rest of the season (and the first couple of rounds of this tournament). It was a great season, though. There’s one more softball day to go (this coming weekend), which will have a pitching contest, home run contest, and an all-star game.

4 comments:

Katherine Laine said...

He's alive!

Welcome to August!

J said...

Hey, you took a little break from blogging, too... mine was just longer. :)
+ Thanks for the welcome +

Jami Janelle said...

welcome back!
high school reunion??
man you are old!
just teasin.
my 10 year reunion is next year.
sigh.
oh how the time flies.
I am so jealous that you got to go sailing for a whole week. Did you take pictures? Have anything to share about that trip? I am curious to know.
PS. um... gonna go out sailing any time soon? I don't have a job anymore so I have tons of free time! :) let me know!

J said...

Yeah, our class decided to have a 5 year reunion - that's what this was. See, I'm not that old... :)
Okay, fine - I'm getting up there...