Saturday, January 31, 2009

Crystal M...

So, I did something very fun today. I went downhill skiing at Crystal Mountain with my friend John S. and his family (wife, 2 daughters). I hadn't been downhill skiing in about 14 years... (which had only been my 2nd time), and I wasn't very good at all back then. But, no doubt due to my experiences cross-country skiing over the last 4 years, today's skiing went surprisingly very well! I will now be comfortable going downhill skiing whenever, rather than being slightly deterred (as I was for several years) because of thinking it would be just as difficult as it used to be for me. I took a few pictures, but I don't have my camera with me right now.
John and I (and maybe his wife) are thinking of going cross-country skiing in a few weeks (she's never been; he's been once, with me). Side note: XC is a lot cheaper than downhill.
Random fact, although related to the topic: My friend Marcia... has an older sister Maureen who just tried XC skiing for the 1st time... and LOVED IT.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

What a beautiful, sunny day for skiing!

I'm thinking I'll have to try cross-country skiing someday (I know I'll never go downhill skiing). Maybe I'll make that a goal for next winter...

Jami Janelle said...

fun fun. my family and a few others used to go to Leavenworth and stay at the Enzion Inn every presidents day weekend... they have free cross country skis that they loan out. So I spent probably ten years cross country skiing. Down hill is a totally different thing though. I still picture myself like the Bernstein Bear book depicts the dad when he skis... A big snow ball rolling down the mountain. I am not about to strap on some downhill skis anytime soon!

J said...

My family also went to Enzian several times over the years - I love that place!