Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The End of an Era...

This morning, I accepted a position with another company...
After 10 years with Fastenal, I'll be moving over to AST (Automated Systems of Tacoma). It seems really weird right now, but I am also excited about being with AST. I'll expand on this move soon - I just wanted to let people know. I need to get to bed, though.
I start on Friday, May 30. My schedule will be 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday-Friday. I find this to be very favorable.
Maybe I'll just post a comment on this post in a couple of days, telling you more about it.

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Congratulations!!!

Kelly Laybourn said...

Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Goodnight!!!!!!!

Wow, nice work my friend. Definitely a bold move, and your gettin busy livin these days. I like it!!

Unknown said...

May God bless you during this transition! I haven't been on your blog in weeks and enjoyed getting caught up with all your happenings!

J said...

AST was started by Dave Teodoro, Sr., in 1965. It is now in the hands of his three sons, Dave Jr., Don, and Dick. Dick is now the general manager. I have known the Teodoro family my whole life. There is another family that has significant ties to AST, whom I have also known my whole life. We were all in the same church, and I grew up playing with members of both families. There are several things about AST that add up to being a better company to be a part of. I have a lot of respect for the company and the people in it. The weirdness [of leaving my current company] has worn off now, and the transition is feeling good. More to follow... at another time.

J said...

I will be a "Purchasing Agent". I was a Purchaser with Fastenal a few years back, and really enjoyed it. But then the company moved that role to the corporate office in Minnesota... and I was not about relocating.